Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Nizo lenses

  1. #1
    Inactive Member oldasdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Picked up a Nizo S8T on ebay recently and there appears to be a possible fungus or some other such smudge on one of the inside elements.As near as I can tell,the lens can come apart with a few screws.Anyone ever venture into the lenses of one of these things?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bigmasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2004
    Posts
    170
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Who..ouuh, hold your hammer! Did you test the camera first. Maybe you can?t see the fungus at all. If you can or it will get worse in the future I would think what is the price of the camera and is my life ruined if I mess it up completely... after that, go for it, open the bastard.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member oldasdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Haved the camera yet as I just discovered the motor doesn't run either.Think I may have gotten f***ed but then I only paid 35 bucks for it.I have a tech coming in October so itne more thing.
    You can see the abberation when you look directly into the lens and the viewfinder.I'm not so sure it's a fungus,it may be where the epoxy separates from the elements and it presents a haze.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •